Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

It's completely crazy to think this is my last rough cut of the semester. I still remember the panic I left on the first day of class when we went over the syllabus and I realized just how much work I would have to do.

But we made it through...

"Because we're smart". via gifirific.
Anyways, its been a fun semester. I really did enjoy it. Half the time I was very stressed, but the other half, I was genuinely enjoying the projects. Each one allowed me to be creative and learn effective communication.

The link to my rough cut can be found here.

Key Information (Please help me with the following...)
  • Please help me come up with a creative title!
  • What should I keep? What should I get rid of?
  • The most important thing I want to know is what sections give the best information in the best way? I am going to shorten the essay, but I am interested in knowing what parts I should definitely keep.
  • Is my tone appropriate? Is the essay too relaxed or too formal?
  • Is there any other content I should include?

Major Issues
  • Length, I will shorten it later
  • I use the word "things" a lot. This is a major no no, but I didn't know how to phrase some sentences at the time 
  • I am trying to figure out what tone to best use
  • I do not know what content is the most effective and meets the project requirements yet

Major Strengths
  • I am thorough in my explanations and logically explain my points
  • I have a good introduction that shows how I felt before coming into the class, and it captures my personality
  • My conclusion summarizes what I have learned and why it is important
  • I bring everything back to my writing process and explain how it has been affected

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bianca! I think you did a great job on this essay. Here are just a few suggestions for you with this project http://kellyreager.blogspot.com/2016/05/peer-review-for-bianca.html Have an awesome summer!

    ReplyDelete