Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Peer Review 15 (for Mariana Chacon)

This is my final peer review for the semester! I have to admit, I did not always feel like time was on my side this semester, but I always liked peer review. I like seeing how people create and structure their projects different according to their own personalities and goals.

"Approve" via giphy. 
For this review, I looked at Mariana's standard essay and left a content suggestion. This is her blog post, and this is her draft.

How my feedback helped the author:
  • I left the following suggestions
    • Include quotes or sources that show progression of time management
      • blog posts! specifically the reflections at the end of each major project
    • Write a little bit about how the internal writing processes changed
      • content, style, what section write first
I think Mariana will find my comments helpful, because I explained the parts of her essay that were done wonderfully and the parts that need a bit more work. I suggested she write about internal changes in her writing process, because I think this will help her be more thorough and detailed. She has a lot of great ideas and writes a lot about time management. That is her major theme. She explains how it affected her writing process, but I think her essay would benefit from an explanation of how it also affected the internal components.

How I incorporated course materials:

I definitely looked at the Project 4 Guide. I left suggestions based on the purpose of the assignment, which is to explain how your writing process has changed due to different factors. We are able to choose which factors to write about. Since Mariana put a large emphasis on time management, I wanted to make sure she was answering all the questions that the guide tells us to.

I also looked at the Student's Guide "questions to ask" section, which suggests how to maximize sources and evidence. I thought Mariana could benefit from adding quotes of herself throughout her process to really show the audience how he felt after each project and how these feelings changed.

One thing I admired and can learn from:

I really liked the tone she used in her essay, especially in the introduction. In general, the introduction is strong because it uses an appropriate tone, starts with a story, is easy to relate to, and introduces the main theme. In my introduction, I focus a lot on the pre-109H story. I can learn from Mariana's tone and incorporate something similar into my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment