Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

Woo! I have reached the end of Pre-Production week! #survivor

Chen, Duncan. "Rocky Balboa". 2/12/06 via Flickr. Attribution Non-Commercial ShareAlike 2.0 Generic.

Now that a good bulk of the research is over, it is time to pick a genre for Project 1.

(Queue the mental drumroll please)

1. I have chosen the Quick Reference Guide! Honestly, At this point I do not think I am prepared to complete anything else but the QRG. And none of the other genres seem appropriate for my topic at the moment. The QRG will allow me to:
    • summarize the main arguments
    • make lists and add links
    • organize information into subsections
I believe all of that will definitely help me express what I have learned.


2. Before I begin production, I will have to:
    • view the example QRG's on D2L
    • read some one my peer's "Investigating Genres" blog posts
    • figure out a way to minimize word count while maximizing efficiency (interestingly, I don't talk a lot, but I do write a lot)
I need to master the art of subsections, word condensation, and organization in order to present my research in a successful way.



3. How am I feeling going into Project 1? Um, I think I have lost the ability to feel. I am so stressed, I cannot even feel the stress. The stress has become a quiet hum along my entire body and mind.

"Learning" 7/12/12 via Flickr. Attribution ShareAlike 2.0 Generic.


I'm kidding, of course. I feel weirdly excited! I will be writing about the lives of medical residents. I hope to be a medical resident someday, so I am looking forward to continuing to research a topic that truly interests me and that will teach me something that will last way past this semester.


Brown, Gerard. "Excited Dog". via Getty Images.

I can't wait to share the information I have found! And I've never written a QRG before, so this is overall a new experience.

What are you most excited for?

No comments:

Post a Comment