Sunday, March 27, 2016

Production Report 8a

Okay, here we go. I now have raw content but I am not entirely sure what to do with it.

"Recording" 1/27/16 via pixabay. C00 Public Domain.

I interviewed Ned, a medical student at U of A.
I asked him "Are we [pre-medicine students] being prepared for writing in the medical field?". I really liked his answer, but I am not sure how to incorporate it or this question into my final project.

This is the content outline:

  • With all those examples aside, it is evident that writing is a big deal in medicine. Just not in the way we typically see writing. In the medical field, it is supposed to be condensed, logical and straightforward. So I asked my Dr. Cohen and Ned if they thought pre-med undergraduates are being adequately prepared for writing in the medical field.
  • At the U of A, physiology majors are required to take a freshman level English course and an upper division English course sometime before graduation. Medical schools typically ask for this.
    • Ned said *insert segment*


This is the raw footage (adaptation of content).


How did you decide to use form to present your content? How did the conventions influence your choices?
  • I want to make the podcast sound as real as possible, so I want to be the host but have segments where my interviewees are providing their input, which will add variety and make the podcast more interesting. 
  • The conventions of a podcast immediately led me to think of this project as a talk show kind of thing. So I know I need to have a lively tone and be detailed but not overwhelming.

How did production go? What challenges occurred during process?
  • Production was generally easy!
  • Pre-production kind of reduced me to a stressed out puddle. 
  • After I learned how to record and convert files, the process seems much easier.
  • The interviews were fun so I have a lot of content to work with. Hopefully I will find a smart way to piece everything together.


No comments:

Post a Comment