Sunday, March 27, 2016

Reflection on Production

Production week was kind of combined with pre-production week. So overall, that time was stressful.

As always, it is time to reflect. Mistakes definitely occurred, but I learned from them and hopefully use them to better myself for future projects.

"Dog sleeping". 6/15/12 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
What were some successes during this week's process work?
  • I recorded all of my content. Yay!
  • I stuck to most of my production schedule. It was mostly the final two days that got me.
  • I started to think more about the message I want to deliver through my podcast and shaping the content around it.

What were some challenges?
  • I traveled to Peru over spring break to volunteer with doctors and other pre-medical students. I had a blast!! But because we were in volunteering, we did not have access to internet most of the time, and we did not have time for schoolwork. So I was unable to work on this project after 11 am on Friday (I left Friday afternoon). 
  • I was unable to start piecing things together in Audacity, as I had planned in my production schedule.
  • So, I did not complete the production reports or the rough cut until after I came back from spring break. 
  • Once I was back, it was difficult to figure out Audacity, so I tried to download Garageband for PC and that failed. So I kept trying with Audacity and eventually figured it out the day before and the day of the final deadline. 
  • I rushed to upload everything to google drive, but I also discovered Spreaker at this time, so I uploaded everything there too.

How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
  • This week was kind of terrible. I did not have enough time to finish everything.
  • I know I have a lot of assignments due the week after spring break, so I know I will be extremely busy. I will have to manage my time very effectively in order to finish everything.

How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
  • I feel confident in the content, but not too confident on the form.
  • Audacity was hard to use and I am not tech-savvy so it's just an interesting road block.

No comments:

Post a Comment