Sunday, February 7, 2016

Draft of Project 1

After of hours of planning, researching, organizing, questioning, thinking, anlayzing, and countless other adjectives, I have constructed my first draft! But really, the end of production week is really the beginning of post-production week. The finish line is really just the start line.

Hurley, Andrew. "Start and Finish line". 9/25/11 via Flickr. Attribution Share Alike 2.0 Generic

The link to my QRG is here!

I have to warn you, I focused on content for the draft instead of look, so some of the conventions of a typical QRG may be missing.

I think I have created a somewhat disorganized QRG. There is probably a better way to organize my topics and utilize the white space. My goal is to analyze the styles of the three main stakeholders and what techniques they utilize to form and communicate their arguments.

I am trying to figure out a way to make the QRG more aesthetically pleasing to look at. I do not want it to look just like a glorified blog post, so I was wondering if anyone knew any good sites to create images, charts, diagrams, etc, that will help me complete that section for the QRG conventions?

One concern I have had throughout the semester when I write blog posts is the length of the posts. I want to be as thorough as possible, which ends up with me writing a lot. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to minimize word count while getting the entire, thorough message across?

I would appreciate any type of feedback, but if possible, I would like specific help on the following:
  • Am I writing too much? How can I minimize word count?
  • Am I repeating certain phrases too often? (Does the general piece sound boring?)
  • Are there certain aspects of the rhetorical analysis I am not addressing enough or not addressing correctly?
  • How can I best utilize pictures and diagrams to make the QRG more interactive or fun to read?
  • What is the overall tone of the QRG, and should I change it?

Thanks everyone! Hope your projects are going well!

4 comments:

  1. I think that you did a great job! Here is the link so that you can see more in-depth feedback. :)
    https://docs.google.com/a/email.arizona.edu/document/d/18aH_-Yc_RCZxkiD_Vel3e3tzk6Tk8g05jcBUXdVWlaU/edit?usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bianca,
    your QRG was cool! Here's a link to the rubric I used to grade it :)

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/16qMJHcE8bx_sovs0_TU_QQs-wTTb9PvhBMwCe6TUM9A/edit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheyenne, thank you for peer editing my QRG! I went on the link but it says I need permission to view it. Can you make the link accessible to the public?

      Delete
  3. Hi Bianca,
    Great work on your QRG. Here is the link to my https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x6rKriEW_2mfJOKP2uxRs6TfKWBfJAN830YOk7fz6eg/edit

    ReplyDelete