Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1


I reviewed Sarah's fabulous QRG, and completed a rubric with comments and feedback.

 
"Work in Progress". 9/15/13 via wikimedia. CCO Public Domain.


Reviewing her draft told me one important thing-- I need to better organize my own QRG! I really liked the way she organized the entire thing and how she was able to make her introduction both informative and interesting. In my draft, I still need to make my subheadings flow properly and expand on my introduction. After looking at Sarah;s draft, I realize my use of rhetorical questions and hyperlinks is also going well.

  • Two mistakes I want to avoid
    • Lack of creative title
      • I liked her title "SB277: The New Vaccination Law in California", because it is straight forward and relatively short, so the reader knows exactly what to expect. However, after reading the rubric, I have realized a creative title is necessary. So I have to work on my own title
    •  Unequally distributed hyperlinks
      • Sarah did a great job at remaining objective, but there were some cases where I thought it seemed like she was leaning more to one side than the other. Two main stakeholders were those who opposed the bill and those who supported the bill. There were more hyperlinks used in sections about the bill supporters, so as an audience member, I had more information about this stakeholder, which could influence my thoughts on the issue. I see this issue in my QRG as well, so I will need to fix that this week.

  • Two effective A+ choices
    • Great use of pictures
      • The QRG looks spaced out and has a good amount of pictures involved, which makes the whole thing easy on the eyes and interactive. I currently have one picture in  my QRG, so I will need to add more.
    • Awesome introduction
      • It informs and interests the reader. I like that it serves as a kind of background segment before the discussion. It is like a 30 second flashback monologue before a season finale of a TV show, in a way. By the end of the introduction, I thought I knew enough about the topic to be able to really think about the stakeholders and other components of the issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment