Sunday, April 17, 2016

Editorial Report 12a

I am totally aware of the fact that my rough content is not my best work. I consider that to be a practice run because I was not sure what I was doing.

So I edited the section where I talk about identifying voluntarism on social media and how sharing an experience is different from "bragging" about it.

"Clapper board". 11/3/15 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
Hopefully, this re-edited version is better than the rough version. But believe me, I will still massively edit this in the upcoming week, it is still not where I want it to be.


Selection from rough cut:




Re-edited selection:



How did the content change? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively?
  • I added a transition section! I connected the concept of voluntourism to where these people can be found and how not everyone that posts about their trip is evil. 
  • I kept the same screenshots of the posts I chose last week.
  • I also added a transition from the screenshots to the next segment where I will be talking about social media.
  • Adding these transitions make my message a lot clearer and allow me to sound more opinionated and invested in this topic.

How did the form change? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively?
  • I added text to the slides! I think I will re-do this to put the text over an actual picture instead of just a purple background, but the convention is there, so that's good.  
  • I also added text to the screenshots to pick out the key words and help the audience focus on one phrase from each post, but still leaving the option of reading the whole post if desired. 
  • I also fixed my voice a bit and stopped reading from a script so I think I sound more natural.
  • This is overall much more effective because it is easier on the eyes and ears and allows the audience to focus more.

No comments:

Post a Comment