Sunday, April 3, 2016

Peer Review for Elizabeth Hernandez

For the second part of peer review this week, I looked for someone in a different section who is making a podcast, because I made one for project 2 and want to pass on some tips.

"Startup". 5/21/14 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
 I looked over Elizabeth's Rhetorical Analysis and left some brainstorming/outlining/resource recommendations, which can be found here.

How my feedback helped the author:
  • I left the following suggestions
    • Explicitly state argument
      • The purpose of project 3 is to make an argument on an issue, argue what the cause of the issue is, or argue for a solution to the issue
      • Elizabeth has a lot of content to work with, but I suggested she write her argument down so it can guide the way she constructs her content outline
    • Learn how to use audio software sooner rather than later
      • I suggested she conduct a practice run so she can familiarize herself with the program
      • This will also avoid damaging the podcast halfway through production
    •  When making the content outline, add in parenthesis how that information is going to be delivered
      • Use this as a checklist to ensure all podcast conventions are included
I hope my feedback helped Elizabeth by bringing up issues she may face in the future and how to tackle them. I think organization is key to success in these projects. By explicitly stating her argument, she will be able to make a great content outline. And in that content outline, she can be specific on what conventions to place where, which will lead to smooth post-production.

How I incorporated course materials into my feedback:

The suggestions I left are based purely on the Project 3 Guide. I felt like the rhetorical analysis was missing a central argument, which is the goal of project 3 --to make an argument. So once that is put into place, everything will run smoothly.

One thing I admired and can learn from:

I like that the content from the rhetorical analysis is broad yet focused. I know I want my project to focus on the media, but I have a lot of ideas floating around. Elizabeth has narrowed her project down to interracial couple representation, which allows her freedom to expand and go in different directions, but it is still grounded on one topic. I can definitely learn from this, by picking something more specific for my own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment