Thursday, April 21, 2016

Peer Review for Kelly Reager

Now that Project 3 is essentially coming to an end, it is beneficial to do one last round of peer review, to ensure everyone is on track to successful submission of their final cut.

For my first peer review, I left a content suggestion on Kelly's standard college essay, which can be found here.

"Home office". 5/19/13 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
How my feedback helped the author:
  • I left the following suggestions
    • Include counterarguments
      • Technicalities of location
      • UAPD protocol
      • There are more serious problems
    • Include other background info
      • Who is in charge on UA Alerts?
      • What is the process of sending one?
      • Details of the email response
I think my feedback will help Kelly focus on another very important aspect of her project-- the counterarguments. Addressing these concerns properly will help her develop more credibility as an author and will show her audience that she has thoroughly researched the topic and knows it very well, but she still heavily believes in her argument. I also suggested she add more background information to help the logistics of her argument. More details are always better.

How I incorporated course materials:

I incorporated materials from the Project 3 Guide and from the Student's Guide. I wanted to ensure Kelly's draft was on track to meet the requirements of the assignment, because I feel like sometimes we get too caught up in the details and lose the "bigger picture". I know I had this issue earlier. The Student's Guide helped me know what to look for--credibility, logic, emotion. Those key ideas formulated the basis of my responses.

One thing I admired and can learn from:

I really admired Kelly's tone and writing style! The introduction hooked in the audience and showed Kelly had a genuine interest in her topic. I especially like the use of "we" and other sentence structures that create a sense of unity among UA students.

No comments:

Post a Comment