Sunday, April 10, 2016

Production Report 11b

I really did not think it was possible for me to create something that makes me cringe in the depths of my soul. But I have done it, haha. I am very lost in this process, but I am learning....

"Start-up". 3/27/14 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
This is the content outline:
  • Opening (a portion of it)
    • Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to be a doctor. That is, has always been, and will always be, the dream. So, as a college freshman, I gathered my savings from past summer jobs and I booked a trip to Lima, Peru.
  •  What is MedLife?
    • Volunteering during Spring Break
    • We helped provide medical, dental, and gynecology services to a lot of people from across Lima.
    • We started clinic days at 8 am and ended at 3 pm. We traveled to a different location every day to ensure we provided services to as many people as possible.
    • We also helped build s staircase in a community where a steep slope cause trouble for children and adults.
This is the raw footage:




How did you decide to use form to present your content? How did the conventions influence your choices?
  • I used images from the internet as well as images I took myself for this segment. The conventions of the video essay led me to pick a lot of pictures and to do voice-over.
  • I tried to keep this as short and to the point as possible, because video essays are supposed to be succicient, but I do not really think this was effective...
  • I presented my content in a story mode but I do not think I had the right tone. I definitely have to work more on this.

How did production go? What challenges occurred during the process?
  • Okay, apparently I am just not meant to deal with any kind of editing software. I have no idea what is going on on Windows Movie Maker....how the heck was 12 year old me better at using this than 18 year old me? Outrageous.
  • Finding the content for this segment was easy, but putting this super rough and pretty bad video together was complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment