Sunday, April 17, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

The time has come to share the dreaded rough cut. But seriously though, this is extremely rough and will probably change drastically.

"Cinema". 11/5/12 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
 My goal is to make something that is as nice to look at as that picture. But I am not there yet.


What you should know
  • My voice is pretty bad here, I will definitely fix it. I wasn't feeling well at the time
  • I want to know if the video is centered, easy to follow, and informative
  •  Is my message clear?
  • I recently went on a volunteer trip to Peru, so this topic is something I care about exploring. I am being careful to reduce my bias

Major weaknesses
  •  My voice, I need to speak up in some areas and keep the volume more even
  • I should spend more time addressing the counterarguments
  • This is VERY short. I do not know I am going in the right direction and honestly, I'm lost

Major strengths
  • I use a variety of pictures, which helps give the video a pleasant tone and easy to follow
  • I use transitions between pictures and sections to keep the audience engaged
  • I think my introduction is pretty solid, I talk about who I am, what I am doing, and why I care

The Video Essay Rough Cut (ahhhhh)


No comments:

Post a Comment