Sunday, April 3, 2016

Peer Review for Jianna LoCricchio

I'm so used to peer editing drafts of projects, it took me by surprise to see we have to peer edit pre-production content for this project. There are definitely some benefits to this though, because it allows us to catch any mistakes before we start creating a draft.

"Notebook". 1/8/16 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.

I looked over Jianna's Content Outline for her video essay and left some outline suggestions, which can be found here.

How my feedback helped the author:
  • I left the following suggestions
    • Pick transitions that give the audience a quick break between content sections
    • Consider including self into video
    • Think about how to open and conclude the video essay, these are very important segments
    • Add in parenthesis how that content is going to be presented in form, this will make production easier
I think I was able to help Jianna by suggesting she combine content and form into her outline. I think this will make it much easier to begin production next week. I think she has all the necessary content and probably doesn't need to do much additional research, so the form is definitely priority now, especially since it is a big part of the overall grade for the project.

How I incorporated course materials into my feedback:

I mostly left suggestions based on the form and conventions I saw in the Video Essay examples on D2L. Jianna has the content down, so it is best for her to move onto form and start thinking about that, especially the transitions, music, and whether or not she wants to appear in the video.

One thing I admired and can learn from:

The content was wonderfully displayed. It is very organized. I like that she added links to her sources, this will help production week run smoothly. I should definitely add this to my outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment