Friday, April 29, 2016

Peer Review 14 (for Elizabeth Hernandez)

Wow, I cannot believe it is a Thursday night, and I am actually peer reviewing. Usually, I am just starting to post stuff on Thursdays, but now I am done for the week! Where was this attitude in February?

"Retro". 3/29/16 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
I left an outlining suggestion on Elizabeth's Content Outline for her QRG. Her post can be found here, and her outline here.

How my feedback helped the author:
  • I left the following suggestions
    • Add input on how her writing style has changed throughout the course
    • Elaborate on the internal writing along with the process 
    • Add gifs, pictures and links to her QRG
    • Add notes to her outline that state how and where she will use the conventions
I think my suggestions will help Elizabeth think of her growth as a writer under a different perspective. It will be interesting to explain how her writing style has changed internally in addition to how it has changed externally, which she discusses throughout her outline (time management, personal care, motivation, etc).

I think suggesting she add notes on conventions is important, because it will make production a lot easier! The QRG was one of my favorite genres because the conventions just flow well and allow for the content to be expressed thoroughly. So, the conventions should definitely be kept in mind when writing.

How I incorporated course materials:

I left my suggestions based on the Project 4 Guide. I wanted to ensure Elizabeth was on the right track, which she is. She is talking about how different factors and aspects of the class have changed her writing process. I also left suggestions based on personal experience with the QRG and what I learned about working and producing in that genre.

One thing I admired and can learn from:

Elizabeth was very thorough and very organized. When I made my content outline, I used the requirements from the blog post instructions and went with it. I realize now that may not have been the best option because it limited my creativity and makes me outline seem dull in a way. I can definitely learn from the way she chose to format her thoughts and was able to link them back to her writing every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment