Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review for Diego Alcantara

For my second peer review this week, I looked into the work of students in other sections.

I left a content suggestion on Diego's Rough Cut for his podcast, which can be found here.

"Headphones". 6/18/15 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
How my feedback helped the author:
  • I left the following suggestions
    • Elaborate on last section about counterargument, it seems rushed
    • Expand the conclusion, explain the "so what"
    • Introduce yourself in the beginning, what you are doing, and why you care
    • Start recording ASAP, it is surprisingly time consuming no matter how detailed the script 
I hope my suggestions help Diego identify what sections are the weakest and need most help. This will help with planning the upcoming week.

How I incorporated course materials:

I mostly left suggestions based on the Project 3 Guide to ensure Diego had all the requirements. I feel like an issue I personally had with my project was not centering my argument enough, so I wanted to bring attention to this issue. I also looked in the First-year Writing Guide and left comments on how to piece the information together through effective transitions.

One thing I admired and can learn from:

I liked Diego's tone and voice throughout his script. He was informative but also friendly in a way. He explained the security issues through an analogy, which was particularly effective because it helped the audience better understand the background. I can definitely learn from this because I tend to over explain things, which makes my projects longer. I will try using analogies or simplifying things the way Diego did.

No comments:

Post a Comment