Sunday, April 10, 2016

Peer Review for Julia Davenport

Since I did a podcast for my previous project, I have a lot of knowledge on the form and content requirements, and want to share some of my discoveries with others. 

"Headphones". 9/19/15 via pixabay. CC0 Public Domain.
I peer reviewed Julia's podcast production report on homelessness and left a form suggestion, which can be found here.

How my feedback helped the author:
  • I left the following suggestions
    • Break up the recording into smaller segments so the editing of final product is easier
    • Add ideas of sound effects and music transitions to content outline to incorporate these features later in the process
    • Add section of personal connection to establish credibility
I think I was able to help Julia by suggesting ways to make post-production easier. I know this was a difficult thing for me to do because I had absolutely no idea how to create a podcast or how to edit audio. It was frustrating, so I wanted to give her a few tips on what would make the final product creation easier.

How I incorporated course materials:

I used the Project 3 Course Document from D2L for most of my commentary. Since Julia has a detailed outline, I wanted to make sure she was incorporating everything she needs to. I noticed she had logical and emotional appeals, but was missing credibility appeals through a personal connection. I suggested she add this. I also used my experience with podcasts to leave advice.

One thing I admired and can learn from: 

Julia used emotional and logical appeals in an effective way. She started by telling the story of a man who shared his experience of panhandling and then jumped into the facts of homelessness. This did not take up much time, so it kept the audience engaged and interested. I can definitely learn from this, because I think I always over explain things, which makes my projects a bit long.


No comments:

Post a Comment